My Linux Journey
A use case for the Raspberry Pi and the Amazon Cloud. Two tech essays by Greg Rank and Barry Blackburn
Satisfying the worlds energy needs using only wind. A two minute podcast from share.gregrank.us
Two minute podcast from share.gregrank.us. Molasses as plastic and a solar war.
In the June 2011 edition of Wired Magazine, Mr. Bill Gates is quoted saying: “….installing solar panels on your roof is doing nothing to reduce CO2 emissions. It’s merely cute.” March 2012 Mr Gates says Solar and new battery technology will go viral soon. Make up your mind Bill! Enter a 3KW Photovoltaic Power roof top electric generating system. Below are statistics from my 3KW PV power generating system. (past 90 days):
Total Power Generated: 1.367 MWh
*CO2 saved: 1951 lbs
*Trees Saved: 118
*Gas Displaced: 99 gal
*Source: PVPowered Bend, Oregon USA
One million roof tops with a 3Kw PV generator would save 118 million trees, displace 99 million gallons of gas or save 1,951,000,000 (almost two billion lbs of CO2) quarterly. “Cute indeed.”
The daily commute is often full of pleasant surprises. This one I call “The cow that dressed like Grandpa”. Click to enlarge.
- Report phishing attempts. Here’s how (PDF Guide)
- Circle of Linux
- Weezy and the Elastic Cloud
- HOW MANY WATTS COULD A TERRAWATT WATT IF A TERRAWATT COULD WATT WIND?
- Is it possible to predict the next big consumer electronics trend?
- Molasses on the table
- Popular keywords 2011
- Tweet A minus Tweet B equals “cute”
- The opportunity to bet on an embarrassment, solar podcast and …
- The cow that dressed like Grandpa
- Songwriting and Project Management – a Repeatable Process
- “Tree House” by Tim Kopra